It’s tricky being a busy college girl. Balancing school with a social life, healthy eating, exercising and trying to get enough beauty sleep seems nearly impossible! And who would want to be the party pooper crawling into bed at 9:30 when all of your roommates are staying up past midnight? Well this week I tried living like Jennifer Aniston … and part of that means getting plenty of sleep. Try these subtle changes to your lifestyle routines and I assure you you’ll find a pleasant new way to balance your busy life.
Remember the scene in the movie “Just Go With It” when Jennifer Aniston walks out in a bikini and Adam Sandler’s jaw practically drops to the floor? Was anyone else thinking what I was…
She’s 47 years old! How does she do it? Whatever her fitness regiment is I’ve got to try it.
This week I tried living like Aniston … here’s how it went.
In the morning:
- 6:30a.m. – Wake up – I couldn’t start my day at 4:30 like she does … let’s ease into this why don’t we (:
- 15 minutes – Hot water with lemon or detox tea
- 20 minutes – Read devotionals, Bible, meditation, time for prayer and journaling
- 40 minutes – Yoga (Vinyasa on some days and Yin on others)
- Then head to the gym … yep I know it’s crazy!
- 15 minutes – Elliptical
- 15 minutes – Spinning
- 15 minutes – Treadmill
- 15 minutes – abs and stretch
In the evening:
- 6:00-7:00p.m. – Stop eating for the day
- 9:30-10:30p.m. – Go to sleep early!
How I felt at the end of the week:
- First, I can’t even begin to tell you how refreshed I feel!
- My body clock is reset. Now I wake up earlier without the need of an alarm clock.
- Every day I was able to accomplish more because of getting up earlier. Not to mention that you never use the excuse, “Oh but I didn’t have time to workout today.”
- Going to bed earlier was hard because all of my roommates were still awake, but I enjoyed a full eight hours every night.
- My face cleared up. Throughout the day I drank tons of water and with more sleep there were no bags under my eyes. Plus plus!! *need a cute water bottle? Click here!
- I was more relaxed and not rushed to finish homework.
- Starting my day with 20 minutes of reading the Bible and prayer was amazing. It helped set good intentions for the day.
- I was able to focus better in class, especially my early morning classes because I hadn’t just rolled out of bed.
I really want to try and keep this routine going. My attitude is so positive throughout the whole day, I have more energy and I was able to keep from getting sick while my roommates were all sick from stress and lack of sleep. This is absolutely doable for any college student, but it might be easier if you’re a morning person until your body clock gets adjusted.
Good Morning Sunshine! Give it a try and please leave comments!
Love God, yourself and one another! XoXo – Caitlin Lee