Ever wonder where the locals are on a hot summer day in Arizona? Well let me tell you! On your next visit to Arizona here is my list of local favorites.
- Watch the beautiful sunrise and see some of Arizona’s critters on a peaceful hot air balloon ride over the majestic Sonoran Desert Preserve. Afterwards, the crew has traditional champagne and a beautiful breakfast awaiting your landing. With Hot Air Expeditions love is in the details. Even the plates have hot air balloons on them. This is an experience like none other.
Hot Air Expeditions (480) 502-6999 *Ask for Craig as your Captain!
- Hike Fossil Creek and go swimming in the gorgeous waterfall. Choose between a 1 or 10 mile hike to the falls. The 10 mile hike is well worth all of the fabulous views!
10379 Fossil Creek Rd Pine, AZ 85544
- For a 360 degree view of the city hike Camelback Mountain.
(morning or evening for cooler temps, bring lots of water!)
- Visit Roosevelt Row on the first Friday of every month in downtown Phoenix where you’ll find many food trucks line the street. Unique bars, entertainment, and art create a unique, cultural experience with a hipster flare.
For more information click here http://bit.ly/1GjvbYF
- Visit Slide Rock in Sedona – where nature made water-slides!
- Feed the Giraffe’s at Wildlife World Zoo
16501 W Northern Ave Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
- Ride the light-rail to a Diamondback baseball game
- Tube down the Salt River
- At nighttime, gather a group of friends for a hole in one experience at Top Golf
- Walk around Old Town Scottsdale and visit the old 50s ice cream parlor, Sugar Bowl
- Throw on your cowboy boots and head to Ak-Chin Pavilion for an outdoor country concert
July 11 Lady Antebellum with Hunter Hays and Sam Hunt
August 15 Dierks Bentley with Kip Moore, Maddie & Tae, and Canaan Smith
September 26 Jason Aldean with Tyler Farr and Cole Swindell
- Bundle in blankets by the bonfire underneath the stars. Turn off onto the dirt road Sycamore/Sugarloaf (off the 87 Beeline Highway) for a fun off-roading adventure in the desert.
Click here for more information on Phoenix >> VisitPhoenix.com
2 thoughts on “Live like a Local – A Summer Inspiration for Touring Arizona”
Reblogged this on momentarylapseofsanity.
Love this list!! We are seeing what all we can fit into our schedule!!
Can’t wait to see you!!
Sent from my iPhone