Snicker, Cackle, Poof! That’s the sound of the witches as they conjure up another festive treat.
This week it’s a sticky snack, Candy Corn Rice Krispies!
Here’s what you need 🙂
- one bag of mini marshmallows
- Rice Krispy cereal “Snap, Crackle, Pop!”
- 1/4 cup of butter
- food coloring (red and yellow to make orange)
- a round 8-10 inch pan
Here’s what you need to do 🙂
- Melt butter in pan over oven at low temperature (add in marshmallows and mix until all is melted)
- Pour mixture into three bowls (in each bowl pour large, medium and small amount of mixture, I just eyeballed it)
- Add yellow food coloring to the large amount, mix red and yellow to make orange for the medium amount and then leave the small amount white
- Pour 3 1/2 cups of Rice Krispy cereal into the yellow mixture, 2 1/2 cups into the orange and 1 cup into the white
- This part gets really sticky! Put butter on your hands when mixing so it can come off easier.
- Let sit for just a little bit (1-2 minutes)
- Grease pan
- Press yellow rice krispies along outer rim of pan, followed by orange and then white in the middle.
- Add candy corn if desired (Trust me it makes them soo much more yummy if you do!)
- Cut into 8 slices and ready to serve!
Estimated Cooking Time: 15 minutes
See you next week with another Fall time treat!