Photo Credit: Thomas Hawk and Sippanont Samchai from Flickr
I am a part of Sigma Alpha Pi, The National Society of Leadership and Success at my school. In one of our speaker broadcasts we were fortunate enough to watch a live broadcast of Mrs. Debbi Fields, the legendary cookie pioneer. She talked about her story and gave advice on success. Along with Oprah Winfrey and Jimmy Fallon, Mrs. Fields is now one of my favorite inspirational people. These are some of her quotes I noted during the speech she gave that really inspired me:
- Mrs. Fields, “failed her way to success” she said.
- “It’s all about not giving up. You can celebrate in failure. Keep finding a way.”
- She constantly told herself, “I will find someone who wants to say YES.”
- “You have got to believe in you. You are selling you. If they invest in your brand, they are investing in you.”
- “You need to help other people succeed. It’s not a one way road.”
- “There is always going to be competition, embrace it, as long as you’re the best.”
- “Be obvious. Make a stand. Get out of your comfort zone.”
- “Remember, the greatest failure is not to try.”
- “The best attitude will get you there faster.”
- “Success doesn’t last. Don’t lose spirit. Recreate yourself to be the best you can be.”
- “No is an unexceptable answer.”
- “Set your standards so high that even a flaw is considered excellent.”
- “Every person you come into contact with pretend that they are the most important person in the world.”
The last quote is one that really struck a chord in me. Lately, I have made a conscious effort to say this quote in my head every time I’m taking to someone. Honestly it has changed my life. It has allowed me to have amazing conversations with each person I meet. I even met my new friend Erin while riding the trolley after class one day. If I didn’t think of this then I would have probably kept my head down and stayed preoccupied on my phone looking for what’s latest on Twitter. (No offense to Twitter. I just love it too much sometimes!) I never knew I would be so influenced by Mrs. Fields and her impeccable words of wisdom. I hope you enjoy these quotes and perhaps practice the last quote like I have done. I promise you it’ll boost your mood and make for a pretty fantastic way to turn even your most stressful days around!